A dynamic and diverse curriculum
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) approved curriculum at Bethany is designed to engage students in learning, while challenging them to develop new skills and competencies.
Our teaching staff tailors learning programs to specific student needs through ongoing assessment and evaluation. Areas for student improvement are identified and future lessons are designed to maximise student learning.
Literacy and learning support are available to students with specific needs, including students with communication, vision or hearing problems and for those learning English as a second language.
Bethany also runs a ‘gifted and talented’ enrichment program, allowing students to expand their learning opportunities.
All learning experiences are reflective of Bethany’s statement of learning.
At Bethany, we believe that learning is meaningful and effective when:
- Gospel values are ever-present
- individual differences are accepted and valued
- spiritual, academic, physical, social, and emotional needs are met
- all thinking and processing styles are employed so as to meet the diverse needs of all learners within the community
- the ownership of learning is encouraged and nurtured through the development of independence
- the environment is positive, encouraging and stimulating
- children are empowered to develop positive self-evaluation skills
- children are willing to take learning risks and see challenges as opportunities for personal growth
- there is true partnership and communication between home and school
- education is seen as a lifelong journey