An inclusive school community that welcomes all
At Bethany, we foster a network of relationships that draws together staff and students, families, the parish and broader community. The sharing of talents and skills across these relationships is integral to the success of the school and its students.
Open days, school concerts, parent morning teas, and Masses, provide opportunities for families to be a part of school life.
Bethany also offers each member of the school community the opportunity to share, celebrate and grow in their faith.
Parents are encouraged to play an active role in the life of our school. There are many opportunities for parents to assist, and we hope you will be keen to offer your help in one or more of the following areas:
- attending school prayer celebrations and liturgies
- assisting with classroom activities (e.g. Sport, Math/Reading groups etc.) when requested by the teacher
- school library (e.g. covering books)
- supporting school events such as Athletics and Swimming Carnivals
- school excursions, when requested by the teacher
We recognise the vital role of parents in the education of their children and their participation in the life of the school. Therefore we aim to:
- reaffirm the partnership in education of the child between parents and the school
- enhance the parents' understanding of directions in curriculum and teaching practice
- support parents in the faith development and moral formation of their children
Due to child protection procedures, any adult remaining on the school site or working with the children on a voluntary basis, will be required to sign in. They will also be required to wear the appropriate badge indicating the type of activity being performed, and sign out when leaving the school premises. Any queries regarding these procedures can be directed to the Principal or Assistant Principal.
All volunteer workers in schools are required to undergo Child Protection Training. The NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 requires schools to ask all volunteers to complete the module before you can assist in the school. Confidentiality and Privacy are important issues for any volunteers working with the Bethany students.
Visit the Parramatta Catholic Education Office website 'Building Child Safe Communities' for more information.